Monday, September 27, 2010

200-250 words explaining the title for this blog

To be entirely honest, the title is just a paraphrasing of a lyric of the song I was listening to while I started the assignment.  After a little more thinking, I realized that the title was fitting in a way.  For most of my life I've been somewhat overshadowed by my older sister.  Everything from music when I was younger to GPA and test scores in high school, it always seemed to me like my parents doted on her and wished I was more academically inclined.  I tried to fit their mold of the perfect Chinese son, but in the end I feel like they settled on the person I was.  They were and are proud of me, but I still feel like I fell short of what they had hoped.  However, now that I'm here at Davis, I feel like I can live without their high hopes and sort of chill out.  I tried to be perfect for them, but now its a fresh start; I can stop trying to be the perfect Asian son and instead be the perfect Alex Fong.  I can pretty much do what I want, and as long as I produce results grade wise they won't know the half of what goes on up here.  So no more trying to be perfect, I'm just gonna be me for a while and see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment